Finish putting your anchor dates figures on your timeline – including new figures that were missing from last week.
- History of US Chapter 4, pgs 25-28.
2. The 18th Amendment to the Constitution and the 3 articles on interpreting the 18th Amendment. (These were handed out in class.)
- Common Interpretation
- The Dark Side of the Noble Experiment
- Good and Bad Reasons For and Against Alcohol Prohibition
3. Article – Was Prohibition a Success or a Failure?
4. Come prepared to discuss the following questions in class:
- Was Prohibition a success or a failure?
- Can you legislate morality?
- What makes a good law vs a bad law?
- Is it okay to break a bad law?
- Ken Burns Prohibition – Episode 3 (approx. 1 1/2 hours)
Ways to watch:
- Subscribe for 1 month to PBS Documentaries Channel w/ Amazon Prime
- Rent from the DVDs from the Library
- Buy DVD
- Read the 3 commentary articles on the 18th amendment (above). Create key notes for all three articles. Bring 1 copy of your 3 keynotes to class to turn in.