Week 15 Homework – 2/24/22
- History of US – (Book 10)
Ch 19-26, 97-127
Ch 30-34, 144-164
2. Most Dangerous: Daniel Ellsberg and the Secret History of the Vietnam War
Part 1; pgs 1-115
2. Prepare for Document Study
Next week in class, we will be studying the “I Have a Dream” speech by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Please watch him give his speech while you read the speech. (This version has been colorized, and the sound has been amplified. The original is in black and white.
Then reread and annotate the speech. Find as many of the following (or others!) in the document:
- Vocabulary words you look up
- Something you could argue/debate
- A question that you have
- An allusion (subtle reference to something else)
- A connection/application to current day
- An “I wonder” …
- Favorite quote or beauty of language
- Something that shows leadership
Movie: Selma (This PG-13 movie contains quite a bit of language and some strong violence. We strongly recommend watching it on VidAngel.)
Documentary: Bridge to Freedom
4. Research Paper
Create a full outline for your paper. See examples on pgs. 19 & 20 and pg. 38 of your curriculum for examples.
Review your outline with your writing mentor!
Use pg. 21 to guide your evaluation of your outline.
Bring THREE copies of your outline next week. You’ll be doing peer reviews of each other’s outlines in class.