Glue the timeline figures you were given in class to your timeline.
Minimum = figures who are on the Key Dates list
Above & Beyond = all the timeline figures
Read History of US chapters.
- Preface to Chapter 2, pp 9-20
- Chapter 8 to 14, pp 41-74
- The Roaring 20’s: Crash Course US History #32
- Ken Burns Prohibition – Episode 2 (approx. 2 hours)
Ways to watch:
- Subscribe for 1 month to PBS Documentaries Channel w/ Amazon Prime
- Rent from the DVDs from the Library
- Buy DVD
Due NEXT week. Prepare a presentation on the topic you chose.
- Must only be 5 minutes long
- Don’t be boring! Find an interesting way to present your information (quiz game, puppet show, short demonstration, crossword puzzle, act out the story)
- Practice at home – make sure you can stay within your time limit and your idea works
Prepare key notes to go with your presentation.
Here’s an example of what they can look like. (This example is based on the WWI NY Times article we read in class.)
- Based on the research you do for your presentation
- One page
- Includes key information about your topic
Bring enough copies to give every person in the class (9 students + 2 teachers)